Leadership in Action
GREATER NAPLES YMCA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The YMCA is governed by the Board of Directors which establishes overall policy. We are incredibly grateful for those who chose to serve on our board and better the community through involvement with our YMCA policy development.
GREATER NAPLES YMCA ENDOWMENT BOARD
Our voluntary board members have a great deal of experience in assisting individuals and families in developing a Planned Giving strategy. They are available to answer any questions you or your advisors may have or to assist you in your planned giving strategy.
- Paul F. Ciccarelli - Chair, Vice President, Senior Partner Ciccarelli Advisory Services, Inc.
- Amy Chappell, M.D. (Chair - Greater Naples YMCA Board)
- Paul Thein - President/CEO, Greater Naples YMCA
- Amy Hale - Director, BMO Harris Bank
- Dr. Thomas Hale, DDS - Owner, Smiles by Hale
- Steven Merkel - Financial Advisor, Ciccarelli Advisory Services, Inc.
- Laura Holm, Esquire - Partner, Quarles & Brady, LLP
- Robert BelCastro - Financial Advisor, Janney Montgomery Scott, LLC
- Judith Coleman, CTFA - Former Trust Co. Officer
- Noreen R. Schumann - Former Director/Officer YMCA of the USA
- John Brooks - Financial Consultant, Allstate Insurance
HISTORY OF BOARD SERVICE
With a strong belief in the Young Men’s Christian Association movement, Ms. Gladys Donohue and Mr. Joseph Ruffing, Jr. filed the first documents to create the Collier County YMCA in 1967. The first board president, Mr. David K. Johnson was named in 1969. From humble beginnings, made by an association who saw the hopefulness of a plot of land on the corner of Airport Road and Pine Ridge Road, we are now situated at what is considered the busiest intersection in Collier County.
Through nearly a 50-year history of serving Collier County, the Greater Naples YMCA has grown, always striving to better serve our community. Today, the Naples YMCA stands stronger than ever, piloting many regional and national programs with the help of a plethora of nonprofit associations that have joined our movement.
In addition to decades of board presidents, we felt it was only right to honor those who have also sat on the board from 1969 until 2014. Thank you to those who had a hand in our history.
BECOME A GREATER NAPLES YMCA BOARD MEMBER
Help shape what the Greater Naples YMCA is, and what it will be by volunteering as a board member! This is a great opportunity to make a difference in our community, meet others who are interested in helping, and to make sure the Greater Naples YMCA continues to be a place dedicated to empowering everyone in our community!
If you have an interest in exploring a board position with Greater Naples YMCA or would like to recommend someone, please download and complete this application.
Thank you for your interest in a potential Governing Board position with Greater Naples YMCA