Healthy Kids Day®
Awaken Summer Imagination
IMAGINE WHAT KIDS CAN ACHIEVE THIS SUMMER
On April 21, 2018, the Y will celebrate Healthy Kids Day! our annual, nationwide initiative designed to inspire all youth, parents, and caregivers – regardless of membership status – to get active and make healthy choices over the summer and beyond.
Summer is the time for kids to get up, get out and grow. But for some kids, exposure to activities that stimulate the body and mind ends with the school year. In fact, research shows that kids are prone to gain more weight and fall behind in studies.
At the Y, we believe kids can do anything with the right support. That’s why we are committed to helping kids get on (and stay on!) a healthy youth development journey that includes physical, cognitive, and social-emotional growth.
JOIN US FOR HEALTHY KIDS DAY!
On Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM, the Y will celebrate Healthy Kids Day, our national initiative with more than 1,300 Ys holding free community events for the entire family. Healthy Kids Day encourages kids and families to stay active, connected and healthy. Bring the entire family for activities, games, arts & crafts, fitness classes and much more. EVENT IS FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
Activities at the Greater Naples YMCA will include:
$0 Joiner's Fees!
Join the Y during Healthy Kids Day and all joiners’ fees will be waived for new memberships! Pay only your monthly dues and get started on your journey to wellness! Be sure to take advantage of this amazing deal April 21st! Valid only in-person during Healthy Kids Day.
$0 Registration fees for Summer Camp!
Sign up for summer camp during Healthy Kids Day and pay no registration fees! Valid only in-person during Healthy Kids Day.
Free Backpack Giveaways!
Stop by the Y on Healthy Kids Day for a chance to win a FREE backpack full of summer camp essentials! We'll be giving away these awesome Y backpacks so make sure to get your free raffle ticket! Winners will be announced throughout the event.
Win a Week of Summer Camp!
Stop by our Summer Camp table during Healthy Kids Day and enter to win a week of summer camp (up to a $125 value)! Raffle tickets are $10 each and will support the Y's Annual Giving Campaign. Winner will be announced after the event and will be notified via email and or phone.
Healthy Kids Day features activities and fun for the entire family. It’s free and open to everyone. Activities include:
- Bounce House
- Photo Booth
- Face Painting
- Field Day Fun
- Basketball Free Throw Contest (sign up required)
- Art Contest (See details)
- Group Ex Classes (See scheduled activities for class times)
- Recreational Swim (Beginning at 10:30 am)
- Drum Fitness (Ages 5-13, Sign up suggested). Connect with your true rhythm in life when we combine drumming, music, rhythm and movement. Great for kids! Space is limited!
- Build your Plate (Sign up required, space is limited to 24!)
- Hands only CPR for Families
- Home Depot Building Stations
- Build a Garden
- Toddler Fun Station
- & More!
Join some of our awesome community guests who support the Y's Healthy Kids Day!
- Collier County Sheriff's Office
- North Collier Fire Rescue District
- Collier County EMS
- Brain Balance Centers
- Girls on the Run of Collier County
- Safe & Healthy Children's Coalition of Collier County
- Collier Charter Academy
- The Home Depot, Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida
- Naples Daily News
- Collier Mosquito Control District
- Humane Society Naples's Mobile Adoption Unit
- Food Trucks (JewBan's Deli Dàle, LLC Cuban & Jewish Favorites with a Twist, The Sizzle Truck, Snow Cone Truck)
- And more!
See you there!
SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR HEALTHY KIDS DAY COMMUNITY SPONSORS
Vendors & sponsorship opportunities available now! Does your business want to be part of Healthy Kids Day? Contact Carly Gibb at email@example.com or call 239.963.3771 for information about vendor space and sponsorship opportunities!
For more information or sponsorship opportunities, please contact:
Mission Advancement Director