Healthy Kids Day®
A YMCA Initiative
Summer is the time for kids to get up, get out and grow. But for some kids, exposure to activities that stimulate the body and mind ends with the school year.
In fact, research shows that kids are prone to gain weight and fall behind in studies. On April 29th, the Y will celebrate Healthy Kids Day®, our national initiative to improve the health and well-being of kids.
In celebration of YMCA’s Healthy Kids Day, the Y offers the following tips to help families develop healthy habits:
- High Five the Fruits and Veggies – Make sure kids get at least five servings a day, the minimum number nutritionists recommend to maintain healthy childhood development. And to keep kids’ taste buds evolving, have everyone in the family try at least one bite of a new fruit or vegetable at least once a month.
- Foster an Early and Ongoing Passion for Books – Read to and with your kids. Help children read at every age and every stage of their development.
- Team Up for Athletic Events – Set a family goal of great health by teaming up for community or charity events like races, walks, fun runs, bike rides, etc.
- Volunteer Together – Find a cause that matters to the kids. Open their eyes to a world beyond themselves and the rich rewards that come from making a difference.
- Make sleep a priority – Doctors recommend 10-12 hours of sleep a day for children ages 5-12 and 7-8 hours per night for adults. Sleep plays a critical role in maintaining our healthy immune system, metabolism, mood, memory, learning and other vital functions.
JOIN US FOR HEALTHY KIDS DAY
Make this your kid’s Best. Summer. Ever! Keep them active and learning all summer long.
Join us for Healthy Kids Day for a free and fun community event meant to encourage kids to be active and help build the incredible potential inside each and every child. Bring the entire family for activities, games, arts & crafts, fitness classes and much more. You don't want to miss this event!
When: April 29, 2017 from
Time: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Where: Greater Naples YMCA
See you there!
GET A JUMP ON SUMMER AND SAVE!
We will be waiving registration fees from now until Healthy Kids Day (04/29/17) for summer camp! Go online today and register or stop by the YMCA on or before April 29th to sign up and save.
Save even more when you sign up for the entire summer. Sign up for all 10 weeks and we'll take an additional $100 off!