March 13, 2020
Facility and Campus Update #2
Dear Valued YMCA Member,
With the growing public health concern about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to assure you that our main concern is for the health and safety of our members, participants, staff, and their families. We are taking all precautions and following the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), YMCA of the USA (Y-USA) and Collier County Health Department.
The virus is thought to spread mainly between people who are in close contact with each other. As such, to best prepare you to remain safe and well, we have taken the following actions:
The Greater Naples YMCA will remain open, at this time, with regularly scheduled operational hours; however, our Y will operate on reduced services, classes and programs:
- Wellness floors, Gym, and Pool to remain open for individual member and participant use
- Organized activities: Classes and programs will be suspended starting Monday, March 16, until resuming Wednesday, April 1
- Please continue, and encourage others, to wipe equipment before and after usage.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face and eyes
PROGRAMS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
Free Programs/Classes Offered with your Y Membership:
- Group Exercise Classes, including Aqua Classes: Suspended beginning Monday, March 16. Resuming Wednesday, April 1
- Kid Zone (Child Watch): Suspended beginning Monday, March 16. Resuming Wednesday, April 1
Pickleball and Tennis:
- Pickleball and Tennis will suspend all activities starting Monday, March 16, resuming Wednesday, April 1
- Suspended activities include: Open and organized play, private lessons, clinics, and leagues. Please reschedule such activities starting Wednesday, April 1
- Personal training sessions are suspended starting Monday, March 16, resuming Wednesday, April 1
- Suspended sessions – Please reschedule starting Wednesday, April 1
Youth Development Programs:
Afterschool Programs (Naples Y and Golden Gate Sites):
- The Y will follow the director of Collier County Public schools
- No regularly scheduled Afterschool program will be offered if the school district closes
- Starting Tuesday, March 17, No all-day “Fun Day” program will be offered if the school district closes
Early Learning Center (Preschool):
- The Y will follow the direction and decision of Collier County Public schools
- Collier County Public school closures: The Y will close classes and reopen same day as Collier County Public schools
Spring Break Camp and “Fun – Day” Program:
- Spring Camp will continue in its entirety, now through 6:00 pm on Friday, March 13
- Monday, March 16’s scheduled “Fun – Day” program will run as scheduled
- “Fun – Day” programs will not run after Monday, March 16, if Collier County School District closes (please see above Afterschool section)
Kids Night Out:
- Kids Night Out program is cancelled for Saturday, March 14, all paid registrants will be automatically rescheduled when activities resume
With new information coming to us almost hourly, we are aware of the potential health and economic impact of this virus worldwide, as well as in our own community and YMCA. Although we are making every effort to remain open, we will follow the National, State, County and local expert recommendations in operating safely and responsibly. It is our hope that you continue to support the YMCA during this difficult time.
Your health, safety, and well-being is important to us. If you have questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com. Together, we will help all remain informed, while doing our best to keep all safe, healthy, and supported.