March 05, 2020
Facility and Campus Update #1
Dear Valued YMCA Member,
We all play an important role in promoting Healthy Living and preventing the spread of germs.
As part of our Y family, your safety and well-being is our top priority. And as a family, we all play an important role when it comes to maintaining a healthy environment and preventing the spread of germs. Below are some helpful tips provided by the CDC and information on what we’re doing to continue to keep the YMCA a safe place for all.
How You Can Help
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends these actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases such as the Coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Wash Your Hands: Wash hands, often, with soap and water for 20 seconds (sing “Happy Birthday” twice)
- Cover Your Cough: Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and Disinfect Regularly: Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Don’t Touch Your Face: Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoiding Contact with Sick People: Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you feel symptomatic, stay home when you are sick (if possible).
What We’re Doing at the Y
As part of our commitment to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all in our care, the YMCA is taking the following precautions:
- We are closely monitoring the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation for additional updates and guidance from local, state, national, and international health agencies.
- We will keep you updated on information and advisories from health agencies.
- We are staying prepared should we need to quickly evolve our preventative measures, existing plans and procedures to be in line with additional updates and recommendations from health agencies.
Commitment to Cleanliness
- We continue to adhere to sanitation practices that follow public health and regulatory guidelines to prevent the spread of germs.
- We have hand sanitizer stations and disinfecting sprays for members to wipe down equipment, objects, and surfaces before and after use.
- We are continuing to educate staff on the prevention and spread of all germs.
- We have posted informational posters throughout our Y campus with guidance from the CDC
- Included links below to help keep all of our Y family informed.
- Together, we will help each other remain informed and well. Additional, helpful and factual information can be found at the following websites:
- Florida Department of Health: http://www.floridahealth.gov/
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/
- Florida Department of Education: http://fldoe.org/em-response/
If you have questions, please reach out to your Y staff.