Thank you for sharing in our mission of building a healthier, more active and connected community.
It is through your membership dues and donations that we are able to provide our members and our community with vital programs and services that foster youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We strive to offer and maintain the very best facilities, staff, programs and services while keeping membership fees affordable.
We’re proud to have been able to keep our membership costs the same for several years and even lowering them in 2018. However, as we navigate through the difficult challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic and the reality of the increased cost of operations, the Board of Directors and YMCA leadership find it necessary to make a slight increase to our membership rates effective October 1, 2020.
These changes will be geared towards building sustainability for years to come and ensure that we can continue to offer the amenities you come to love, including group exercise classes, swimming, tennis and youth programs.
To maintain our commitment to the high quality of services you deserve, the following adjustments will be as follows:
YMCA Memberships Options & Rates:
The Y helps build strong kids, strong families and strong communities.
Membership at the Y is a great value, and we strive to offer an enjoyable experience to all of our members. Membership types and rates will change starting October 1, 2020 (See table).
|Young Adult||Ages 19-25||$32||$50|
**Current youth memberships for children 0-9 will be converted to a family membership.
|Family 1||1 adult + dependents (same household)||$65||$100|
|Family 2||2 adults (same household)||$75||$100|
|Family 3**||2 adults + dependents (same household)||$81||$100|
**Current memberships with 3 or more adults will be converted to a Family 3 membership with an additional $25 charged for each additional adult 21 and over on the account.
|Young Adult||Ages 10-18||$50||$100|
|Family||2 adults + dependents (same household)||$100||$100|
**Monthly/Seasonal memberships must be paid in full at the time of purchase.
Scholarship assistance is available for those with demonstrated need. No one is turned away from a YMCA membership for an inability to pay. If you’d like to learn more about our scholarship program, click here.
SilverSneakers/PRIME/Renew Active Memberships:
We are committed to all SilverSneakers/PRIME/Renew Active participants, but we also take seriously the need to balance the needs of our members with the operational realities of making our Y strong now and well into the future.
It is becoming more and more difficult for us to deliver these programs under our current arrangement with the program providers. These programs cover a small portion of the cost of delivering quality programs and services to our members.
We have tried very hard to accommodate and meet the needs of our members and our Y. Due to limited funding from the programs, we have determined it is in our best interest to end these programs effective December 31, 2020. We are no longer accepting new applicants into the programs.
What does this mean?
We value our active older members as a vital part of our Y and will work with you individually to help you maintain a Y membership that provides you with physical activity, trained staff, and a supportive community of friends.
Here are our commitments to you:
- You will continue to have access to the YMCA through the end of this year. We remain committed to your health and value the contributions you have made to our Y community. Your SilverSneakers/PRIME/Renew Active membership includes full access to our facility, classes, pool, pickleball and more. Membership does not include access to the tennis center.
- We are not making any changes to our programming. All of our classes designed for seniors will continue. Our Senior Program will continue, and hopefully, grow.
- Any SilverSneakers/PRIME/Renew Active member who would like to continue with Y membership and is concerned about the membership cost is strongly encouraged to complete a financial assistance form. We will expedite these requests to ensure that our seniors have no gap in their Y membership. Learn more about Financial Assistance here: www.greaternaplesymca.org/scholarships
- We will continue to support you individually in whatever way possible as you pursue a healthy lifestyle.
We value our active older members as a vital part of our Y and will work with you to help you maintain a Y membership that provides you with physical activity, trained staff, and a supportive community of friends. We would love for you to continue your relationship with us through a YMCA membership.
For membership information, or if you have any concerns please contact us at email@example.com
As we pursue best financial practices, policies and procedures, we also are changing our merchant service provider.
As of October 1, the following changes will take effect:
- All membership dues will be drafted on the first of the month. (We previously allowed members to have those fees drafted on the 15th).
- Non-sufficient funds (NSF) from electronically accessed accounts will have a $30 non-refundable fee added.
- A $10 late fee will be applied and your membership suspended if not paid by the end of the month for which the charges are incurred. A payment will be considered late if rejected for any reason.
To avoid fees, we suggest that you:
- Make sure account details are accurate and up-to-date.
- Be aware of withdrawal/draft dates and plan accordingly.
- Alert the YMCA when you change accounts for any reason including loss or fraud
Thank you for your understanding, and thank you for being a part of the YMCA!
Financial Assistance for YMCA Membership
We understand that on limited budgets, any change or increase could be impactful. Financial assistance for memberships is available to those who cannot afford the fees. This money is raised through the dedication of the Board of Directors each year and the kind support of our community partners and members. If you are receiving financial assistance, the percentage rate of your assistance will remain the same and will reduce the rate of the new monthly fees.
As always, we are available to answer any questions you may have. A strong membership makes a strong YMCA, which makes a strong community.
We appreciate your commitment and dedication to our YMCA.
In Y Service,
Lucinda "Cindy" Love-Abounader