Updated: July 21, 2020
Face Coverings Inside the Y
To help protect our members and staff and to follow suit with Collier County’s mandatory mask ordinance, effective immediately, the YMCA will require all members entering our facilities to wear a face covering in all common areas indoors where other members are present and whenever you are walking to and from the area where you will be working out.
Masks do not have to be worn outside, during your workout or group exercise classes as long as social distancing guidelines are followed.
Although we encourage face coverings as an extra layer of protection, they are not required for children under the age of 18 in our camps, youth sports and childcare programs.
While we can’t predict the long-term effects of COVID-19, we are committed to doing whatever is necessary to ensure your safety.
The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community.
Stay well and we’ll see you at the Y!
All updates are subject to change. Please continue to check back for the latest information.
YMCA Safety Guidelines
|Facility Hours - Updated 6/12/2020:
Updated Limited Operating Hours:
- Monday – Friday: 5:30 am - 8:00 pm
- Saturday: 6:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
|**UPDATED WAIVER - PLEASE SIGN**
All members will be required to complete a waiver upon their first visit. You can view and sign the waiver online, or you can sign at our facilities on your first visit. You will not be allowed to use our facility without a signed waiver.
Please note: You will need your barcode number to access waiver online. Your barcode number can be located on your: YMCA Mobile App (open YMCA app and go to "cards"), YMCA Key Fob (on the back of your fob) or YMCA Key Tag.
|What's Available Now:
- Emergency Childcare: Monday, May 11, 2020. We have been approved by local authorities to offer limited childcare to essential workers as they continue to serve during this challenging time.
- Tennis Center: Monday, May 18, 2020. The YMCA tennis center will open with specific guidelines in place, including scheduling court time prior to arriving. For more details, click here: www.greaternaplesymca.org/tennis.html.
- YMCA Pool: Tuesday, May 26, 2020: Pool will re-open on Tuesday, May 26, yay! To help keep everyone safe, we ask swimmers and aquatics users to follow the recommended guidelines for safety. For complete details on our Phase 1 pool guidelines, including hours, click here: www.greaternaplesymca.org/swimming.html
- Wellness Center: Tuesday, May 26, 2020: Capacities will initially be reduced throughout the facility to safely limit the number of people in a space to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Group Exercise Classes: June 8th: Begin limited group exercise classes and will require reservation.
- Kids Zone (CHild watch): June 8th: Limited hours and capacity.
- Showers are available (updated 6/22/2020)
- We will relocate the main entrance/lobby back to its original location to help us maintain safety protocols and maintain a single entry/exit points.
- The Y will have capacity limits. Additionally, group exercise classes, when offered, will have limited capacity.
- Personal training and individualized sports training is available, please follow the recommended guidelines for safety.
- Limited group exercise classes will require reservation.
- Increased signage throughout the building to encourage social distance, hand-washing and remind members to disinfect equipment.
- Members will be asked to verbally affirm they meet the screening requirements and have their temperature checked prior to utilizing the facility.
- We are recommending if you are part of a vulnerable population please wait to enjoy the Y.
- Members will be asked to sign an updated waiver.
- Contactless check-in check in through the mobile app or key tag at the Welcome Center.
- All Y staff interacting with members and program participants indoors will wear face coverings unless engaged or leading an active program or physical activity (i.e. group exercise instructor, sports leader, etc.)
- We encourage you to wear a face covering while in our facility (not required).
- No Guest Passes/Reciprocity Visits. To ensure the utmost safety of our members, we will limit use of our facility to members only until we are fully reopen.
- Please plan to bring your own mat and water bottle.
- Significant disinfecting of equipment and activity areas throughout the day
- Group exercise classes will continue virtually.
- Healthy spacing of fitness equipment
- No basketball. No pickleball.
To keep you connected, active and healthy during our temporary suspension of Y facility access and programs, we're excited to launch Virtual YMCA. Enjoy online access to dozens of group fitness classes on the go and resources for your kids, so that they can continue to learn, grow and thrive while school's out.
No matter where you are, we're here for you.
Answers to your COVID-19 Questions
At the Y, we’re here for people. That means that we’re working hard to respond to the COVID-19 crisis & keep you informed. Find answers to questions about membership, programs, and more.